The STME Audit and Assessment is a professional consultancy exercise where one or more of STME’s highly experienced consultant level personnel spend a number of days, onsite with your organization to review deployed Storage Hardware and Software Solutions in line with business objective and requirement.
STME provide comprehensive analysis services that are required to ensure best industry standard practices being used for Storage hardware/software configurations which meets service level agreements and regulatory requirements can all be met.
- Study deployed Storage suite infrastructure with respect to STME strong field experience on the products and with best deployment practices
- Assess physical installation including cabling, labelling etc.
- Assess licenses
- Assess on approach for configured Raid/Parity groups, Volumes, LUNs, de-duplication, network setup etc.
- Assess on approach for configured protocol (FC/FCoE, iSCSI, CIFS, NFS) including host connectivity
- Performance monitoring
- Assess on configured storage software including local replication (clone, snapshot etc), remote replication, storage virtualization, thin provisioning, tiering etc.
- Only for DR setup, assess on data availability wrt replication topology
- Check and observe all relevant logs for any potential issues
- Check all configured options
- Discuss, understand and address pain point/concerns
- Testing of built-in functionality
- Point out NOT USED features/functionality within deployed configurations
- Identify potential configurations error
- Identify and address admin tasks / operations procedure related error
- Audit on backup/recovery procedure and availability.
- Suggest configuration changes within deployed configurations to address potential unseen issues and addressing existing issues if any.
- Recommend architecture to enhance the infrastructure for efficient usage, availability and future growth
- Provide detailed report