VMware vSphere Hypervisor is the simplest and easiest way to get started with virtualization for free. This fully functional hypervisor lets you virtualize your servers and run your applications in virtual machines in a matter of minutes. vSphere Hypervisor is based on VMware ESXi, the hypervisor architecture that sets the industry standard for reliability, performance, and ecosystem support. Consolidate your applications onto fewer servers and start saving money through reduced hardware, power, cooling, and administration costs. With VMware vSphere Hypervisor, you can:
- Run multiple applications on a single server
- Run a greener datacenter and reduce energy costs
- Back up and recover applications more easily
- Virtualizes even business-critical applications
- Bare-metal architecture -VMware ESX and ESXi insert a robust virtualization layer directly on the server hardware for near-native virtual machine performance, reliability and scalability.
- Small footprint – VMware ESXi is a compact, 70 MB form factor of the production proven VMware ESX hypervisor. It is a fraction of the size of general purpose operating system for unparalleled security and reliability.
- Server integration -VMware ESXi is available integrated into servers from leading OEM vendors for a simplified boot and deployment experience.
- Efficient resource virtualization, CPU virtualization. Run many operating systems and applications encapsulated inside virtual machines on a single physical server for higher utilization, without risking critical processes being starved of compute or memory resources. VMware ESX/ESXi use intelligent process scheduling and load balancing across available processors to manage the execution of virtual machine processing
- Scalability and high availability